Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Moab vacation and Shayna's Birthday celebration!

Since the kids had a week off of school for spring break I decided to take a week off of work and my Mom, Shane and the kids and I headed to Moab....for a WHOLE week. We even had a few days of really awesome weather. We got down there Monday afternoon. We spent the day relaxing after the long drive and just visiting with Grandma Donna. Later that night we went to the Branding Iron for dinner. They have the best scones...Yummy! Tuesday the weather was so amazing. We spent the whole day outside. First of all we packed up a lunch and headed to Wilson Arch. After lunch we headed to Hole in the rock home. We have been there before but they just got a petting zoo so we thought it would be fun to check it out. They were asking WAY to much money for something that no one was really excited about. So we went through the shops. Grandma Donna bought Shay a pair of dangley Unicorn earrings for her Birthday, then we got some ice cream and had another little picnic.





The day was getting hotter, it got up to 75 degrees so we decided to head down the river on Potash road. We walked around for a bit, threw rocks in the water and just enjoyed the sun.



Shayna was dying to put in her new earrings so we headed back to Grandma Donna's house. We changed into our swimming suits and sat out on the deck and I got sunburned and loved every minute of it.

Wednesday morning we woke up to cloudy sky's and lots of wind. But that wasn't going to stop our fun. We headed out to brunch at the Moab diner then went up to slick rock trail and hiked around a bunch.






Poor Britton is so scared of heights. He couldn't walk up any higher than this. He was huddled as close to the rock as he could get. But in his defense there was massive drop offs on both sides of us and the wind was blowing which made him feel unsteady. It still kind of made me laugh though.


He couldn't hike up the big rocks with Shayna and I so we left him behind with Shane and the Grandmas.



Shayna and I continued our adventure and hiked as far as we could go without falling off the other side.



I felt really bad that Britton was missing out on all of the beautiful scenery so we went back and got him. I held his hand the whole way and this is as far as we could get. The wind really started picking up and he was way to nervous. But I am so proud of him for doing it.

The wind started turning to cold for me to handle (it doesn't take much) so Britton, Grandma Donna, Shane and I sat in the car while Shayna had a modeling session with Grandma Sharon.



















Thursday the weather was cold and VERY windy. We decided it would be a good day to help Grandma Donna with some spring cleaning. After that we went to the post office then visited some family members and then went and did some grocery shopping. Tyler and Dad were coming down the next day and we needed some supplies.


Friday we woke up and got ready for the day and waited for Tyler and Dad to show up. Again the weather was extremely windy so we thought it would be a fun day for Shayna to open up some gifts and take her out for a Birthday dinner so Grandma Donna could celebrate with us. And she just couldn't wait any more.

She got the game Uno Tippo from Shane.


A very nice hand made leather purse from Grandpa. ( I got one too, I know. SPOILED!)


Some horsey earrings from Grandma Donna a few days earlier. And then she recieved a VERY special gift.....

My Grandpa had purchased this gift before he passed away. He was waiting for the right time to give it to her. Grandma and Grandpa wanted to wait until she was old enough to take care of it. Grandma Donna felt that this was the right time and so Shayna got her butterfly tea set.





It is absolutly beautiful and she can't wait until she can use it. Thank you Grandma for this very special gift.



Birthday Dinner:

We took Shay to Fiesta Mexicana. They have the most delicious food and they really know how to make birthdays fun.





You will have to watch this video to see what they did. It's pretty dang funny! My Mom is the one behind the camera so if it makes you sick....blame her.


I think she had a good time!

About 9:30 Friday night Tyler the kids and I hopped in the car and drove to town to get a movie from redbox. We got the Sorcerrers Apprentice. The kids laughed so hard. They loved the show and begged us to keep it another day so they could watch it again. Both nights that we had the movie we were up until midnight watching it. Tyler and I both kept dozing off but the kids were glued to it.


Saturday the wind was blowing again. I seriously HATE wind. So Dad and Britton ran to the store and got supplies to make taffy.


I'm the only one that sat there for hours making and pulling taffy. And it still didn't work. It tasted good but I'm not sure what I did wrong. I am definatly going to try it again. It was kind of fun. RSL also played on saturday so we went to the store and bought treats and prepared for the game. Kip and Kayden (Tylers friend and his son) Came over and watched the game with us. Shortly after that we were off to bed to watch Sorcerrers Apprentice again.


Sunday was a beautiful day. No wind and the sun was shining but unfortunatley it was time to come home. I didn't want to leave. Time goes by way to fast when your enjoying yourself. Thank you Grandma for letting us stay for so long. You really are the BEST and I miss you already!

No comments: