Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of school. Shayna 1st, Britton 3rd.

The first day of school was a success! I can't believe my kids are getting so big. Britton is in 3rd grade and as you can tell from the pictures I had a very hard time getting him to cooperate. He was just so excited to start school. He has Mrs. Simmons this year and is very excited about that. He has a bunch of good friends in his class, including his best friend Alex.


Shayna was very good about posing for me. And she looked so cute! My baby is in first grade. I can't believe it. She has Mrs Taylor and she really likes her. She only has two of her friends in her class with her but it worked out well because her best friend Ava is in her class.


Cute kids. They are getting to big.



I had to show off Shay's hair. She picked out this hairstyle for her first day of school. Next time we will make sure to practice a hair style before we have to be somewhere important. But it turned out cute enough!

I'm really bugged about how they did the first day of school this year. The teachers stood out in front of the school holding signs up with their names on it. You had to find your teacher and weave in and out of a massive crowd of people to drop of your child. You said your goodbyes and then left. Back to school night will be Thursday night but kids are not invited. I will be missing Britton's soccer so I can go meet their teachers. Really, really dumb.

No comments: